Grow media or soilless growing are very popular in the urban and semi-urban areas. It is an effective way of cultivation where it guarantees flexibility and intensification of crop production with precise control over the supply of water and nutrients. Soilless farming helps in eliminating soil-borne diseases, reduces labors required and results in better yields.
There are some more advantages of soilless growing over soil:
- perfect solution where no fertile soil available
- labors required for traditional farming is cut short
- maximizes the yield, also economically feasible
- conserves water and nutrient
- one will have complete control over light, temperature, humidity and nutrient mixture, thus everything in check.